It’s the start of 2020, which means you’ve probably kept most, if not all of your New Year’s Resolutions so far. Congratulations! A clean slate gives us all the chance to strive for better. But this year, we have one resolution we are taking issue with: giving up pizza.
Resolving to eat food that makes you feel better is laudable. We all need to check in with our nutritional habits on occasion and make the choices that are right for us. But 86ing pizza in ‘20? That’s gonna be a no from us, dawg.
Will you accomplish anything by giving up your favorite food? Studies show that the best long-term solutions for healthy eating are those that center around intuitive eating choices or calorie counting. Facts: Fad diets and restrictive eating are always ephemeral & your love of pizza burns eternal.
Besides, 2019 was hard. 2020 is probably going to be hard. Life is hard. Why deny yourself the simple pleasure of warm dough and gooey cheese? In the immortal words of Cheryl Crow, if it makes you happy, it can’t be that bad.
Let’s strive for greatness in 2020, and let’s also remember that greatness can be found in a delicious meal or the perfect crunch of a wood-fired pizza crust. You don’t always have to give things up to improve your life. Let’s resolve to enjoy ourselves.
Don’t go cold turkey on pizza. Instead, enhance the joy you receive from the world’s greatest culinary accomplishment:
- Eat more local pizza: Resolve to only order pizza made with good ingredients and produced locally. Support your neighborhood pizza entrepreneurs in the process!
- Try a new pizzeria: You’ve got your go-to pizzerias, now it’s time to find your new faves. That new New York-style joint that’s a bit further away, but still in your delivery zone? Now’s the time to give ‘em a try, with a couple of quick taps on your phone.
- Try new toppings: If you love pepperoni, you’ll go crazy for soppressata. But don’t stop there – hot honey, fennel, and Brussels sprouts are just some of the top pizza toppers that await you in 2020.
- Eat healthier pizza: Prioritize pizzas with nutritious ingredients. The spectrum of pizza choice is a wide one. Your options are endless. Salad on top of a pizza? Delicious! Farm-to-table root vegetables? Excellent. Pizzas with cauliflower crusts? They’re largely gluten-free and so much tastier than the store-bought frozen stuff.
- Stay up to date on real local pizza: For the hottest local pizza in 2020, check out @Slice on Instagram and stay tuned to The Sauce.
- Resolve to generously tip on pizza delivery: Always.