It’s been a little under two weeks since we, along with our friends at Slice Out Hunger and Pizza To The Polls, launched the Pizza vs Pandemic campaign. Since then, the campaign — which sends pizza to healthcare workers on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic while simultaneously supporting small businesses — has picked up some real steam.
Over $250k raised + 6k pies delivered
Since launching we have…
- Raised over $250,000 dollars
- Sent over 6,000 pizzas to care workers
- Organized donations for over 250 hospitals, care centers, and shelters (and therefore supported a similar amount of local pizzerias)
Thanks to social media, we’ve been able to see (and share) these donations being made at care centers across the country, as well as receiving messages of thanks from care workers on the frontline.
Check out @slice on Instagram for more of the above!
Pizza vs Pandemic featured on the TODAY Show
Word has gotten out about Pizza vs Pandemic and last week it was even featured on the TODAY Show, as well as places like Time Out, Thrillest, CNBC, Delish, and amNewYork.
Keep the donations coming!
While it’s great to see the progress we’ve made in such a short time, we need to keep the money rolling in. Many new requests for donations are made every day, and we’re working our hardest to get pizza into the mouths of the people that need it most right now.
A quick reminder of how the program works:
- You make a tax-deductible donation at pizzavspandemic.com
- Pizza vs Pandemic identifies care centers in need of pizza.
- Using 100% of the money donated, we mobile local pizzerias to deliver.
Important Note: While we work through this process, we also make sure the pizzerias are following necessary safety protocols and procedures.
Stay safe and keep the donations coming!
Leave a Reply